Sunday, July 15, 2012

Funny Friday (errr...Sunday)

A few funnies from the week:
-Anna's favorite thing to do since her infatuation with Scooby - Doo began is to "solve mysteries".  She will turn almost any circumstance into a mystery that needs to be solved.  A frequent saying you hear in our house nowadays is "Jinkies!  It looks like we have a mystery on our hands!".

-While Anna loves Scooby - Doo she continues to love all things girly.  She has found a way to mix the two. Anna's favorite character from Scooby is Daphne.  She claims that she is Daphne and will quickly point out that is her name, certainly NOT Anna or Annalise.  To incorporate her love of the Disney Princesses, she now claims to be "Princess Daphne".

-The other day we were cleaning and I thanked her for her help.  She said "Phew!  It was hard work for baby!".  I thought she was referring to herself as a baby so I said to her "Who is a baby?".  She immediately said "Not me!  I'm a big girl!  No babies in this house!".  Just to see what she would say I asked her what if there was another baby in the house someday.  She got really pensive and answered "No, you can just buy a baby statue of me."  Well there you have it.  No babies in this house, folks.

-The other night we were at Hunter's where there is a playground.  After we finished our dinner and ice cream we were playing.  Anna said she wanted to chase me (which she really likes to do lately for some reason) so I was jogging and she was following me running and laughing.  After a little bit I stopped and said "Oh, you caught me!".  Anna stopped running and said "What mama?".  I said, "You caught me.  You were chasing me and now you caught me."  Anna was just looking at me and I said "Did you forget that you were chasing me?".  She got a huge smile on her face and said "Yes.  I did forget that."  Leave it to Annalise to forget that she was chasing someone in the middle of chasing them.

-One night we went to feed the ducks and fish at the fish hatchery.  I pointed out the duck poop because some of it was in HUGE piles and I didn't want it all over the car.  I should have known better than to point it out because, as she has always been, she doesn't like getting dirty so that became a huge focus of hers the whole rest of the time we were there.  I just wanted her to be careful. Not make avoiding poop a full time job.  Anyway, as we were leaving she called out to the ducks, "Goodbye duckies!  You can poopie where ever you want to now!"

-I have mentioned before that when Anna is tired she cries pretty easily, usually over nothing.  The other night we were driving down the road she was tired and started crying.  As usually I asked her why she was crying and she said while she was SOBBING "Beacause they didn't send me my Stompies yet.....what is taking so long???????".  At first I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about.  Then I remembered that a few weeks ago she saw an ad for these slippers called Stompies on TV.  That day she said she wanted them and I answered her like I do most things....we will see waht you get when your birthday or Christmas comes around.  She didn't make a big deal out of the slippers, I never told her that I ordered them or that she would ever get them and she had not mentioned them at all since that day.  But, clearly in her 3.5 year old, sleepy state of mind, her lack of Stompies was very upsetting!

No comments: